Saturday, May 31, 2008

For my Secret Pal



Ravelry, the online knitting community where I spend a lot of my internet time, has different interest groups that members can join. One of my favorite groups, ADHD Knitting, is sponsoring a "pill bottle swap." We have been assigned random partners, and our mission is to decorate and fill an empty pill bottle with treats for our secret pal.

My recipient is "Lotusburger," and she lives in Utah. I made a felted lotus flower pill bottle cover, and stuffed it with beef jerky (one of her favorite snacks) and a few little knitting supplies.

Being a little bit of a rebel, I added some things that didn't fit into the bottle. Hopefully, she likes flip flops, because I made her the AZ flip flop socks and got her some purple flip flops, and matching purple nail polish! She also has a pet turtle, so I knitted her up one of Alan Dart's tortoises from his Noah's Ark pattern booklet.




I hope she likes her surprise!